Located in Tarrant County, Arlington TX has nearly 400,000 residents. Even in the coldest months, the temperatures seldom drop below 35 degrees Fahrenheit. There are a lot of things you may not know about the Arlington area including:
Landmarks and Places of Interest
Arlington TX is home to Six Flags over Texas as well as their water park, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. These venues provide a lot of opportunity for family fun. We are also home to the International Bowling Museum and the International Bowling Hall of Fame. The Arlington Highlands and The Parks Mall at Arlington offer shopping as well as movie theaters.
The Arlington Museum of Art and The Gallery at UT Arlington are two well known and loved art facilities in the area. There are many other opportunities
for those who love the area to explore both indoors and outdoors.
Notable City Ordinances and Laws in Arlington TX
Texas has some pretty unusual laws that have remained on the books for many years. For instance, Encyclopedia Britannica is outlawed because it contains the recipe for making beer at home! Other unusual laws in Texas include:
- Shooting a buffalo from the 2nd floor of a hotel is illegal
- Residents are not allowed to drink more than three sips of beer while standing
- Residents are not allowed to milk a cow that belongs to someone else
- Arlington requires dog owners to keep their animals under control and tethered or contained in their yard. At all times, the owner is responsible for keeping their dogs under control to ensure they do not harm other citizens.
- There are very specific rules about speed limits which must be obeyed. Drivers are also expected to yield the right of way to pedestrians.
Local Resources – Arlington Hospitals, City Emergency Services, Government Services
Here are some of the most commonly used services in the Arlington TX area:
- Texas Department of Public Safety-Information on driver licenses, vehicle inspection, concealed handgun licensing and more.
- Arlington Memorial Hospital
- Tarrant County Public Health Department (TCPHD)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Arlington TX Police Department – always call 911 for emergencies
If You’ve Been Injured, Contact Us
If you are a resident of Arlington TX and you have suffered serious injuries in a car accident, on someone else’s property, or if you or a loved one is a victim of medical malpractice or wrongful death, you should consider speaking with a personal injury attorney.
At Branch & Dhillon P.C., we provide representation to victims of motor vehicle accidents, help families of loved ones who have been abused in nursing homes and help new parents recover financial damages in the event of birth injuries caused by a doctor’s neglect. We can also help those families who have lost a loved one in an accident or due to a deliberate action.
Contact our Arlington TX office today to set up a free consultation. Once we agree to take your case you pay nothing unless we are successful in obtaining a settlement on your behalf. We focus only on personal injury cases and we are committed to providing each of our client’s personalized service.
625 W Main St
Arlington, TX 76010
Phone: (817) 533-3430
FAX: (817) 274-6860